🦆🦆🦆 NẾU BIẾT HẾT NHỮNG HOMOPHONES NÀY TRÌNH ĐỘ TIẾNG ANH CỦA BẠN CHẮC CHẮN “XỊN” 🦄🦄🦄
❤️Trong suốt một khoảng thời gian nghỉ dịch thật nhàm chán, thứ 5 lại đến, cũng là lúc chúng ta làm nóng lại tinh thần bằng những kiến thức mới về Homophone thôi nào!
⭐️“Homo” có nghĩa là “đồng, cùng”, kết hợp tiền tố ta sẽ được
- Homo-phones (homo = same, phones = sound)
- Homophones (từ đồng âm) là những từ phát âm giống nhau nhưng khác nhau về cách viết và nghĩa. Ví dụ như: be và bee; bare và bear;…
😉Đặc biệt, đây còn là một cái bẫy cực kì nguy hiểm được nhiều bậc cô bậc thầy ưu chuộng trong phần Listening. Vậy thì còn chần chờ gì nữa? Ngay tại đây, luôn lúc này, hãy cùng BELL tìm cách và đánh tan mấy cái bẫy này bằng cách điểm qua 10 cặp homophone thông dụng nhé!!!
1. CURRENT/CURANT /ˈkʌr(ə)nt/
- CURRENT (adjective): happening now; of the present time.
Ex: My lover has currently been asking me for presents.
- CURRANT (noun) :a small, black or red berry that grows on bushes.
Ex: Honey, I want some ice-cream with your blackcurrants!
2. FAIR/FARE /fɛː/
- FAIR (adjective) : acceptable and appropriate in a particular situation
Ex: Brother, that’s not fair! It’s your turn to washing dishes, not mine!
- FARE (noun) : the money that you pay to travel by bus, plane, taxi, etc.
Ex: I can’t visit my friend very often. The plane fare is too expensive.
3. FLOUR – FLOWER /ˈflaʊə/
- FLOUR (noun) : a fine white or brown powder made from grain, especially wheat, and used in cooking for making bread, cakes, etc.
Ex: Can you buy some flour on your way home? I’d like to make some breaded chicken for dinner.
- FLOWER (noun) : the colored part of a plant from which the seed or fruit develops. Flowers usually grow at the end of a stem and last only a short time.
Ex: Why don’t you try putting flowers in a bathtub? It’s gonna be romantic!!
4. HEROINE/HEROIN /ˈhɛrəʊɪn/
- HEROINE (noun) : a girl or woman who is admired by many for doing something brave or good
Ex: My favorite heroine is Wonder Woman from the DC comics.
- HEROIN (noun) : a powerful illegal drug made from morphine, that some people take for pleasure and can become addicted to
Ex: Say no with Heroin
5. NONE/NUN /nʌn/
- NONE (pronoun) : not any, no one
EX: None of the counterfeit money has been found.
- NUN (noun) : a woman who belongs to a religious order and lives in a monastery
EX: Do you know which horror movie I like best? The Nun
6. HUMERUS/HUMOROUS /ˈhjuːm(ə)rəs/
- HUMERUS (noun) : the large bone in the top part of the arm between the shoulder and the elbow
Ex: Humerus fractures usually heal without surgery, but you may have to wear a shoulder sling for a couple of weeks.
- HUMOROUS (adjective) : funny; showing a sense of humour
Ex: Holy shit, I just saw the new clip of 1977 vlog yesterday, it was humorous!
7. IDOL/IDLE /ˈʌɪd(ə)l/
- IDOL (noun) : a person or thing that is loved and admired very much
Ex: Jimin from BTS is my idol. He’s such a fantastic singer and handsome!
- IDLE (adjective) : not working hard, lazy
Ex: It is unfair that he is always idle and still achieves 8.0 IELTS.
8. PATIENCE/PATIENTS /ˈpeɪʃ(ə)ns/
- PATIENCE (noun) : the capacity of being tolerant and able to wait without getting angry
Ex: I’m losing my patience waiting for coming back to school.
- PATIENTS (noun) : a person who is receiving medical treatment, especially in a hospital
Ex: corona-positive patients are increasing, we must find a way to prevent this
9. PROPHETS/PROFITS /ˈprɒfɪts/
- PROPHETS (noun): a person sent by God to teach the people and give them messages from God
Ex: Do you think there are any modern-day prophets? Do we still need prophets?
- PROFITS (noun): the money that you make in business or by selling things, especially after paying the costs involved
Ex: On ward has achieved the biggest profits for the company in just a short time.
10. SERIAL/CEREAL /ˈsɪərɪəl/
- SERIAL (adjective): doing the same thing, in the same way, several times; done in the same way several times
Ex: I can’t wait for the full serial of itaewon class film
- CEREAL (noun): one of the various types of grass that produce grains that can be eaten or are used to make flour or bread. Wheat, barley and rye are all cereals.
Ex: I’ll make cereal breakfast for my darling Park Sae Ro Yi.
Biên tập và sưu tầm: Tạ Linh – Phương Minh