1) Be a breeze( dễ dàng làm được)
Vídụ: Our English exam was a breeze. I’m sure I’ll get top marks.
2) Break the ice: (giúp ai đó bớt căng thẳng)
Vídụ: He offered to get her a drink to help break the ice
3) Chase rainbows: (theo đuổi, cố gắng thực hiện điều mà không thể đạt được)
Vídụ: I think she’s chasing rainbows if she thinks she can get into Oxford with her bad grades.
4) Fair-weather friend:(người bạn chỉ ở bên bạn lúc bạn giàu sang , thành công và bỏ bạn đi lúc bạn nghèo khó, thất bại)
Vídụ: She was a fair-weather friend because she was not interested in me once I had lost my job.
5) Face like thunder (tức giận, buồn bã ra mặt.)
Vídụ: Ross didn’t say a word, but I could say that he was angry because he had a face like thunder.
6) Get wind of: (nghe lén được điều gì)
Vídụ: He got wind of the closure of the company so started looking for a new job immediately.
7) Head in the clouds = daydream(mơ ngày)
Vídụ: Kayla always has her head in the clouds. She is never able to concentrate on her schoolwork.
8) Lightning fast (nhanh như chớp.)
Vídụ: The Jamaican sprinter was lightning fast in the 100-meter dash.
9) It’s raining cats and dogs :(mưa rất lớn.)
Vídụ: Take you umbrella and a jacket because it’s raining cats and dogs outside
10) On cloud nine: ( rất hạnh phúc)
Vídụ: They were both on cloud nine during their honeymoon.
11) Save for a rainy day: (tiết kiệm cho tương lai khi cần)
Vídụ: Don’t spend your entire wage in one night. You should save for a rainy day.
12) Snowed under (có quá nhiều việc phải làm.)
Vídụ: Heather’s snowed under at work. She won’t be able to join us until 8 o’clock.
13) Storm in a teacup (phóng đại vấn đề.)
Vídụ: My boss thinks it’s just a storm in a teacup – there probably won’t be layoffs at all.
14) Under the weather (chịu ảnh hưởng thời tiết – mệt, ốm, uểoả.)
Vídụ: Unfortunately, I won’t be able to come to the party, because I’m feeling a bit under the weather.