I. AT, ON, IN
1. AT : use for a short time (specific time, moment..)
E.g. At 10 o’clock; at this moment; at 10 a.m …
2. ON : use for days
E.g. On Sunday; on this day….
3. IN : use for a long time (month, season, year…)
E.g. In June; in Spring; in 2005…
II. IN, INTO, OUT OF
1. IN: use for position (place, fixed direction)
E.g. In the classroom; in the concert hal; in the box….
2. INTO: use to express a movement from outside to inside.
E.g I go into the classroom.
3. OUT OF: use to express a movement from inside to outside.
E.g. I go out of the classroom.
III. FOR, DURING, SINCE:
1. FOR : use to express a period.
E.g. For two months; For four weeks; For the last few years…
2. DURING: use to express an action happen from the beginning to the end of a time.
E.g. During christmas time; During the film; During the play…
3. SINCE: use to indicate a time.
E.g Since last Saturday, since Yesterday.
IV. AT, TO
1. AT: use for a quite narrow space or position. If the space is larger, we use “IN” instead of “AT”.
E.g. At the door; At home; At school; In Ha Noi; In the world…
2. TO: use to express a movement.
E.g. Go to the window; Go to the market
V. ON, OVER, ABOVE:
1. ON: use for a position right above and has at least 1 common point.
E.g. On the table; on the desk …
2. OVER: use for a layer of clothes
E.g. I usually wear a shirt over my singlet.